A 2-days course based on the IMO model course ‘marine environmental awareness’ for the marine business’ sea and shore staff will be held in Amsterdam on Tuesday 18 September and Wednesday 19 September 2012.
Those who have successfully completed the course will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the importance of preventing pollution to the (marine) environment.
This knowledge and understanding shall include, but is not limited to the following topics:
• concept of sustainable shipping
• complexity and diversity of the marine environment
• impact of shipping on the environment
• role of regulations, procedures and technical installations to protect the environment
• marine environmental awareness, personal responsibility
• role of human element to prevent pollution, proactive measures
Those who have successfully completed the course shall demonstrate the intention to:
• fully observe procedures for monitoring ship-board operations and ensure compliance with requirements for environmental protection
• act to ensure that the positive environmental reputation of shipping is maintained
For more information and registration for the course, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 6 5324 2269