We have made progress in our efforts to develop a Green Award for inland shipping.
- On 28-10-2010, 13 companies representing 30 ships declared
officially that they go for a Green Award (see picture)
- Two important organisations declared their intentions to provide
financial support for 5 years in total, which accommodates a fair price
for the certificate.
- We contracted a surveyor for inland shipping, Fred de Leeuw
van Weenen. Fred (1946) was traffic controller and inspector
inland shipping for The Dutch transport and Water Management
- Currently we are busy with the development of the requirements,
application procedure etc.
- There are already promising contacts with some organisations
(ports, a bank) interested in becoming an incentive provider…
- It is our aim to implement the scheme on 01-01-2011