The Green Award Foundation understands the importance of maintaining and protecting your privacy. The Green Award Foundation processes your personal data carefully and securely in accordance with the prevailing laws and regulations. A Data Protection Officer has been appointed to ensure that we process your personal data in accordance with laws and regulations.
• visit our websites and look at our services;
• create an account on our websites;
• enquire about our services;
• enter into a contract with us;
• participate in an event; or
• sign up for our newsletters.
The types of personal data we may obtain in connection with the previous cases are as follows:
• your name, company name, address, and contact details (such as telephone, mobile and fax numbers, email address)
• details of contact persons (such as name, address, function/title, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address);
• services provided;
• names, email addresses of others within your company;
• financial and payment data such as banking details, invoices and payment terms as well as any personal data for fulfilling and legitimate processing billing information;
• complaints and enquiries;
• business profile;
• tax identification number where you request services that require such information; and
• responses provided in response to surveys.
When you visit our websites or use our services, subject to your prior consent where applicable by law, we may collect personal data without you actively submitting such information, by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and similar technologies as described below.
The types of personal data that we may collect through your visits to the websites or use of the services include, to the extent permitted under applicable law and, where required, subject to your express consent, are:
• the date and time of visit, referring address (location from which a visitor comes to the websites);
• type of Internet browser, OS and device details;
• visitor’s IP address (a unique number that is assigned to any computer that connects to the Internet for identification purposes);
• history of the contact you have had with our office/employees.
Your personal information may be processed for purposes including:
• administer our relationship with you, including to respond to your inquiries or complaints;
• to provide any services or information you have requested and information about our services;
• to administer, operate, maintain, and improve the websites and our services;
• for efficient customer management relationship;
• to manage your orders, invoices and payments;
• to administer accounting and taxes;
• to respond to requests from administrative or judicial authorities; and
• to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Providing personal data for these purposes is necessary and refusal would make it impossible for the Green Award Foundation to manage the Contract with you or to comply with its contractual and legal obligations.
In addition, we collect information from visitors to our websites to help us to make improvements to the website and to the services we make available. We know, for instance, how many visitors there are to each website page, when they visited, for how long and to which areas of the website.
Our policy is not to give, sell or otherwise distribute personal data we collect to third parties outside of The Green Award Foundation, except where required with your express consent or where this is necessary and in accordance with applicable law. In line with this, we may share personal data with the incentive providers of the Green Award Foundation because of their incentives. A list of the incentive providers can be found on our website or can be provided upon request provided there is a legitimate reason.
In any case, we will only transfer personal data to recipients that provide an adequate level of data protection or as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Please note that when you order services from the Green Award Foundation, we may make enquiries about you for credit reference purposes. These enquires include searching your records held by a credit reference agency. At all times where your information is disclosed to us we will protect it in accordance with this policy and keep it secure.
The Green Award Foundation has appropriate policies and technical and organizational measures in place to safeguard and protect your personal data against unlawful or unauthorised access, accidental loss or destruction, damage, unlawful or unauthorised use and disclosure.
We have a retention policy for personal data that we adhere to, in line with legal and statutory requirements. For further details regarding this please contact the DPO (Data Protection Office) at Green Award using the email address gdpr-GA@greenaward.org. We also may retain your information for the period of time needed for Green Award to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and request the rectification or erasure of any inaccurate data. You may exercise such rights by contacting us using the email address gdpr-GA@greenaward.org.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters or any other information you get from the Green Award Foundation, please inform us by email or using the UNSUBSCRIBE option available on the communication.
In accordance with applicable data protection law, you have a right to:
• obtain confirmation of the existence of, and to request a written copy of the personal information The Green Award Foundation holds about you.
• have any inaccurate information about you corrected;
• have personal data we hold about you deleted, blocked or removed;
• withdraw your consent where relevant, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal;
• restrict the processing we make in relation with your personal data;
• receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in order to transmit them to another data controller;
• object to the use of your details for marketing activities and other promotional activities; and
• lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes applicable data protection law.
In case you wish to exercise any such rights, please send a written and signed request to the Green Award Foundation using the email address gdpr-GA@greenaward.org.